Jurors are selected randomly from the voter registration list provided by the Greene County Board of Elections. Once randomly selected, a jury summons is mailed to the potential juror accompanied by a questionnaire. Questionnaires are to be returned to the Fairborn Municipal Court within seven days of receipt. Two dates of service are listed on the summons. Jury trials are always on Wednesdays. Potential jurors should call (937)-754-3040 option 1 the evening prior to each summoned date and listen to the recorded message to determine if they are to report as a juror the following day.
An individual may be excused for jury duty for the following reasons:
- The individual is 75 years of age or older
- The individual is a convicted felon without restored voting rights
- The individual no longer resides in the City of Fairborn, the City of Beavercreek, Bath Township or Beavercreek Township
- The individual will incur extreme financial hardship
- The individual is a member of a cloistered religious organization or an active member of a recognized Amish sect
- The individual’s spouse or near relative has recently died or is dangerously ill
An employer is required by law to allow for time off work to serve as a juror. Proof of jury service will be supplied
Parking is available at the front of the building. The Fairborn Municipal Court is handicap accessible.